NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

This forum was set up as a Community of Practice (CoP) for the module NM4218 Knowledge Management: Approaches and Critique. Please feel free to share anything that you think an NUS freshman should know! Thank you for your participation!

4 posters

Financial Aids

longlostfriend

Financial Aids Empty Financial Aids

Post  longlostfriend Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:37 pm

I would like to know if there's any financial schemes that require no pay back? Something like grants cos from what I know (heard from friends), study loan or tuition fee loans are all payable upon graduation?
    passtress

Financial Aids Empty Re: Financial Aids

Post  passtress Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Yeah, I'd like to know this too!

I think there's one under MOE that's like that... But not sure if you'll be bonded to them after that or not haha
    floatboatmoat
    Admin

Post  floatboatmoat Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Hmm I applied for a few grants under Financial aid and got them with no strings attached! I believe it's a bursary kind of thing. If I'm not wrong I successfully applied for something under MOE and probably received $1000/year which was banked into my account. there are plenty of options available, I would suggest going to this website to find out more about what is available and what would fit you best!

(Okay I was not allowed to post a link cause I'm still a new member lol, but if you google NUS financial aid it should be the top result Very Happy )
    jfsim

Post  jfsim Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 am

Hi floatboatmoat,

What did you have to do to apply and qualify for those? Just based on your grades or did you also need an essay or interview?
    floatboatmoat
    Admin

Post  floatboatmoat Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:59 am

jfsim wrote:Hi floatboatmoat,

What did you have to do to apply and qualify for those? Just based on your grades or did you also need an essay or interview?

All I did was go to the website and fill in all the questions asked, I'm not sure if grades were considered but I did have to write a short statement regarding why I was applying for the bursary etc. Nothing too serious/demanding! But then again when I applied for scholarships there were a lot more requirements involved, so if you're looking at that I suggest you plan early because there can be a lot of documents required for application.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 pm