NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

This forum was set up as a Community of Practice (CoP) for the module NM4218 Knowledge Management: Approaches and Critique. Please feel free to share anything that you think an NUS freshman should know! Thank you for your participation!

4 posters

Tutorial balloting

kuekyl

Tutorial balloting Empty Tutorial balloting

Post  kuekyl Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:24 pm

So, does anyone have any tips/strategies for tutorial balloting? or is this just pure luck?
    tzelinnn
    Admin

Tutorial balloting Empty rank your preference early!

Post  tzelinnn Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:43 pm

i'm not very sure if my experience is accurate of the system but for the past 6sems, whenever i rank my tutorials at the very very start, i tend to get what i want. there were 2 sems when i did the ranking late and those were the ONLY 2 sems i did not get tutorials of my preference.

so i think doing it early helps?? idk if this is true tho! HAHA. anyone knows about this?
    sarahchua
    Admin

Tutorial balloting Empty Re: Tutorial balloting

Post  sarahchua Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:47 am

Maybe try to rank the most popular tutorial timeslots (usually anything from 10am to 12pm is quite popular) as your first preference. For example, you can probably safely place 8pm classes as your last choice because not as many people will be vying for them.

In my opinion, always try to get into a tutorial first, even if it's not at a time you want, because then you can maybe swap it with someone else during Add/Drop/Swap. I once had a really bad tutorial timeslot and I actually managed to keep swapping it for something better until it was pretty close to my original first choice!

If all else fails, try appealing. A lot of students get into their preferred classes that way.
    melissalim
    Admin

Post  melissalim Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:23 pm

I think if you only have 1 choice for a certain module (i.e. valid reasons e.g. other slots clash with other classes), you don't actually have to put it as your first choice. Instead, appeal for it at the end and you should be able to get it! If you have tutorial slots you want that are popular and your only reason for wanting it is so that you can have your free day, better put it at the top because it's not a valid reason during appeal!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:18 am