NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

This forum was set up as a Community of Practice (CoP) for the module NM4218 Knowledge Management: Approaches and Critique. Please feel free to share anything that you think an NUS freshman should know! Thank you for your participation!

4 posters

GOOD FOOD IN NUS

tzelinnn
    Admin

GOOD FOOD IN NUS Empty GOOD FOOD IN NUS

Post  tzelinnn Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Anyone knows what's the name of the awesome powsome restaurant hiding inside UCC?? *wink wink*

Anyone tried before??? :DDD
    nelsonqxj

GOOD FOOD IN NUS Empty Re: GOOD FOOD IN NUS

Post  nelsonqxj Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:33 am

u mean Alcove, Asian restaurant?? I tried it before once. It's not too bad. Chinese cuisine zhi char. good value too.. around $5plus.. I would say its a nice place to hangout and chill at night. There's alcoholic beverages too! After 6pm Very Happy
    suling.li

GOOD FOOD IN NUS Empty Other good food places

Post  suling.li Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 am

LOL I didn't even know there was a restaurant in UCC. Only knew about Dome cafe. Quite a good place to hang out!

I love Humble Origins at Arts! Their pancakes and lattes are awesome! (:
    tzelinnn
    Admin

Post  tzelinnn Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 pm

yessss. it's alcove! i love alcove's horfun and fried rice! and not forgetting the iced honey lemon as well! damn shiok when you have it on hot days! wahaha. and yes. i think the price is reasonable as well! for the ambience and the quality of food, it's worth it. so if you guys are heading over to UCC for concerts or what not, give it a try! NUS students have 10% discount i think?? hehe.

i've not tried humble origins though. how's the pricing?? Very Happy
    tzelinnn
    Admin

Post  tzelinnn Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:11 pm

oh, and yes. Dome is IN UCC itself. but Alcove is situated at the back of UCC beside the museum. Dome is super expensive so i don frequent that. haha.
    wenhui

Post  wenhui Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm

of all the food i've tried so far, i really love FASS's yong tau foo! it's really value for money, especially for small eaters like me. 6 food items + noodle cost only $1.80! and if it's with laksa gravy, it's only $2.10! though i must say the portion is really those just nice kind, it's still filling (at least for me!). and yup, it's nice too! wahaha. the gravy is wooooo~

however, they often mix the fried food items with the soup itself whick i don really like. was complaining about this to me FASS friend the other day and she mentioned that you could actually ask the stall vendor to separate the fried items for u. shall try next time!
    wenhui

Post  wenhui Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:01 pm

oh and there's another good food place near NUS which is at Ngee Ann poly! you can take bus 151 to get there! the jap food is AWESOMEEEEE. i swearrrr. i love the teriyaki chicken egg hotplate thing. super nice! their yongtaufoo stall is good too!! they hv alot more variety than FASS's and the price is rather reasonable as well. cant rmb the exact pricing cos i haven been there for quite some time.

you can get your friends to visit ngee ann poly after lesson and try their food tgt! if you are intending to go soon, do note that they are currently closed and will reopen on 31oct! (i think) haha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:18 am