NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

This forum was set up as a Community of Practice (CoP) for the module NM4218 Knowledge Management: Approaches and Critique. Please feel free to share anything that you think an NUS freshman should know! Thank you for your participation!

2 posters

Setting up my own CCA

kuekyl

Setting up my own CCA Empty Setting up my own CCA

Post  kuekyl Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:00 am

Hi everyone!

Does anyone here know how to go about setting up your own CCA? What are the steps? Who should I approach?

Thanks!

- Lynn
    melissalim
    Admin

Setting up my own CCA Empty How to set up own CCA

Post  melissalim Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 am

Hi Lynn!

I recently set up my own CCA so here's how to do it (with reference to the Student Organizations FAQ)

1. Check the OSA website for the directory of University-endorsed student organizations, societies and interest groups to make sure there isn't one already.
    2. Craft a proposal detailing the objectives, activities and benefits of your proposed student organization to activity@nus.edu.sg. It has to highlight how your activities would contribute to campus vibrancy. It is very important to include how your club will be sustainable both financially and in terms of leadership in the long run. Provide evidence that there is interest in your activities within the student community.
    3. A Student Activities Officer will contact you to discuss the viability and sustainability of your proposed CCA
    4. Once approved, an announcement will be made by OSA on your formation as a students' interest group.
    5. After a probation period of 24 months, your interest group may seek OSA's approval to proceed with formal application to become a registered student society with the Registry of Societies (ROS).

In my experience of setting up NUS Funkstyles, a dance club that focuses on the genres of popping and locking, I approached NUS Cultural Activities Club to join them as a subclub. I had to create a proposal and prepare a budget plan to show the sustainability of the club in the long run. It would be even better for the club to be self-sustainable and not need any funding from the school. It took me about 1.5 years for me and my friends to get it up and running so do consider starting early if you want to see your club up and running during your 3 or 4 years at NUS Very Happy
    kuekyl

Setting up my own CCA Empty Re: Setting up my own CCA

Post  kuekyl Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the help! Smile

-Lynn

Sponsored content

Setting up my own CCA Empty Re: Setting up my own CCA

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:40 am