NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

This forum was set up as a Community of Practice (CoP) for the module NM4218 Knowledge Management: Approaches and Critique. Please feel free to share anything that you think an NUS freshman should know! Thank you for your participation!

3 posters

Hall or Home

canvascrumble

Hall or Home Empty Hall or Home

Post  canvascrumble Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:50 am

Saw that someone had already asked some questions in regards to this, so I'll just add on a few more! Smile

In your opinion, is it a wise decision to stay in a hall during your 1st year in uni? Cos I've got quite a number of friends who actually stayed in halls during their first year. Or does it not make any difference?
    kuehlapis

Hall or Home Empty Re: Hall or Home

Post  kuehlapis Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:39 pm

I stay in Boon Keng. I would like to know if it is advisable to stay in hall cos I heard rumours about midnight meetings and performance preparations during hall stay. Will that affect grades?? hmmm. but travelling to and fro is quite troublesome too...
    starsaligned

Post  starsaligned Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I think staying in hall is all about discipline. It's true that hall residents may have meetings and sports trainings and performances and rehearsals etc. but it all boils down to what u take part in? I mean, if you don't wanna be involved nobody can actually force you. But it'd be really meaningless to stay in hall and not do anything.

So i guess just take up whatever activities that is within your capability and time!

And yup, the time spent traveling to school is so worth the hall stay! You can wake up just 15-30 minutes before your class hahaha
    kuehlapis

Post  kuehlapis Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Yes. That is so true. Im studying in RV now and it's in Boon Lay. Though Boon Keng and Boon Lay has only a one word difference, waking up at 515am for school is no joke. T.T I'm glad I have an aunt who stays in Jurong West so I can stay with her on weekdays. I guess if staying in hall is fun and does not affect grades that much, I might just stay in hall (if i get into NUS).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content