NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NUS Orientation: All the things an NUS freshman needs to know!

This forum was set up as a Community of Practice (CoP) for the module NM4218 Knowledge Management: Approaches and Critique. Please feel free to share anything that you think an NUS freshman should know! Thank you for your participation!

3 posters

Korea Exchange

floatboatmoat
    Admin

Korea Exchange Empty Korea Exchange

Post  floatboatmoat Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:56 am

Does anyone want to know about exchange in Korea? haha feel free to ask in this post!
    kuekyl

Korea Exchange Empty Re: Korea Exchange

Post  kuekyl Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:31 am

Which Korean university did you attend? Are lessons held in English? I can't speak Korean.
    Marielyn

Post  Marielyn Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 am

Hi, how long did you go? Was it beneficial to your academic and personal development?
    floatboatmoat
    Admin

Post  floatboatmoat Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 am

I attended Korea University last year during the Fall semester!

From what I know there were many classes held in English, in fact all of the five classes that I took in KU were taught in English. Quality wise I actually managed to learn a lot in two of my modules: Special Lectures in IT (Professor Kim, the lecturer, was extremely insightful and taught me a lot about the mobile industry, something that NUS CNM doesn't really teach) and Political Communication (learned a lot about Korean politics, and even managed to share with my Korean classmates about Singapore politics! they were fascinated haha) The rest... were not very academically challenging but hey, it's exchange, at the end of the day we just wanna have fun and pass our classes Wink

My 5 months in KU were also pretty much one of the best times of my life. KU has A LOT of exchange students, and I probably have friends from all parts of the continent now thanks to exchange. The KU buddy system (KUBA) also has a lot of activities to help you get to know the local buddies and international exchange students better, but after the initial activities I found myself hanging out with people outside of the programme as well. Was still a good platform to get me started on the whole getting-to-know-people thing though!

for people who can't speak Korean I really doubt you'll have any problems hanging out and surviving Seoul. Almost all of the KU people I met could speak a decent amount of English, and for those who can't- body language always works.

Any other questions? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:18 am